Sunday 27 April 2008

Arty Girlz - Handmade Background

At Arty Girlz this week the challenge has been set by Guest Designer Paula from Mini Book Pixie blog who says:

"I love patterened paper very much but it is far too easy to whack on cards etc. So for my theme, I want to see handmade backgrounds. Get those fingers inky & painted & make a custom piece of paper/card for your design" Ive used

  • cream Hammered finish CS ~ Papermill shop
  • "Brushed Cordroy" & "Peeled Paint" Distress Ink ~ Tim Holtz
  • Archaic PP ~ Basic Grey
  • Dino Stamps ~ Basic Grey
  • Alphabet Shape Cutter ~Fiskar's
  • Make-up Sponges ~ Poundland
  • String from Stash

I made the background by sponging the ink directly on to the card.http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

http://sewdelish.blogspot.com/ Has some blog candy which asks to create something you don't usually make well this is my first door hanger so I think I can count this!!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow stunning creation. Absolutely great. Love it.

SewDelish said...

That's great Susie. I am sure this would delight any boy. They can be so difficult to make for.

Sewdelish
xx

Crissi Harvey said...

Great hanger susie nice idea great backround,

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Julie Allain said...

This is lovely Susie!!

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again xx